Your Stomach is not a trash can.
Most health problems are caused by our way of living. How we eat, how we move, where we live and how we feel emotionally, are all factors that determine our health condition. Even if this might be common knowledge, most people in our society treat their stomach like a trash can. How come? Well, I can only speak for myself, but I believe it’s due to a disconnection between body and mind. This discord is usually created over a longer period of time. Somewhere along this ride that we call life, we picked up a bad eating habit. Maybe we picked it up from our surroundings, or from a TV show, or maybe some of us got it from home? Somehow we lost contact with our bodies. But, the beauty about being human is that IT’S NEVER TOO LATE TO CHANGE! There are many things that you can do today to restore your connection to your body. Here are 5 simple steps.
1. Start writing down what you eat every day. This will help you focus on what you put in your mouth, and in the long run help you change your patterns.
2. Try exchanging one meal a day for a big Raw Food Smoothie. Most people feel GREAT after eating a meal full of nutrients and energy, so this will help your brain to get a new reference point of how you can feel. With time you will start to crave healthier foods, because your body and mind will remember how good it felt after your “Lunch, Breakfast or Dinner” smoothie.
3. Create a weekly meal plan. This will help you to gain control over what you eat. it’s easy to treat your stomach like a trash can when you’re stressed out and don’t have time to think about what’s good for you. This way you know what you will eat every morning when you wake up.
4. Drink plenty of water. Most of us drink way too little water, here is a link to a test on how much you should drink. Did you know that drinking too little causes a great strain on our bodies, and sets us into survival mode? When you drink more water your mind becomes clearer and it’s easier to make healthy decisions.
5. Be Kind to your body. Every night before you go to sleep, thank your body for serving and carrying you through this day, and through this life. Every Morning when you wake up, ask your body what you can do to be kind to it today. Some of you might not hear a clear answer straight away, but give it some time and you will notice that you do make healthier choices and that your body is cooperating with you better.
I wish you all a radiant healthy self!
Write a Reply or Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.